UMass Memorial Medical Group Physicians
Clinician Scientist in Ophthalmology - Retina Specialty (25% clinical, 75% research)
UMass Memorial Medical Group and the University of Massachusetts Medical School are seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Clinician Scientist specializing in Medical Retina. The position is open for a retina fellowship trained Ophthalmologist. The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences is growing its services and research in a community of one million people in central Massachusetts. This unique opportunity allows the right candidate to establish and develop a career in medical retina research in the area. To learn more about the department, visit our department website: http://www.umassmed.edu/ophthalmology.
- Academic rank and salary are commensurate with training and experience
- This is a dual appointment, 75% research and 25% clinical position
- Clinician-Scientist will conduct medical retina research in collaboration with established investigators
- Opportunity to leverage large, existing databases including case series, ocular images and records.
- May conduct independent clinical retina research
- Candidate will be responsible for directing research projects, data acquisition and management, writing manuscripts, presenting at scientific meetings, and may participate in clinical trials.
- Join a vibrant growing academic program based in a new Eye Center with a residency program.
UMass Worcester is in central Massachusetts, a 67-acre integrated health science facility and freestanding university-based academic health science campus that includes the Medical School, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and Graduate School of Nursing, as well as the UMass Memorial Health Care, the largest not-for-profit health care delivery system in central Massachusetts. You will have access to award winning faculty (including Nobel Prize), the latest technology, research and clinical trials, and a wide range of services including cutting edge technologies, high-end instrumentation, translational and clinical research.
Centrally located, Worcester is just miles from Boston, Providence, and Cape Cod with a short ride to the scenic Berkshire and Wachusett Mountains. The diverse city of Worcester has nine colleges and universities including the University of Massachusetts Medical School, that overlooks the beautiful panoramic views of Lake Quinsigamond. As the second largest city in New England, it has powered a rise of booming technology, research, manufacturing and healthcare industries. Worcester is also home to the Hanover Theatre for Performing Arts, Worcester Art Museum and the family-friendly Ecotarium.
Come join the Best Place to Give Care, the Best Place to Get Care, and the best place for YOU!
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae addressed to:
c/o: Adriana Dietlin, Physician Recruiter
Department of Human Resources
UMass Memorial Medical Group
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMS/UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Board Eligible/Board Certified Clinician Scientist
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :