THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, is seeking a Research Assistant for the Eischen Laboratory, led by Dr. Christine Eischen, which focuses on tumor initiation. For more information about our current initiatives please visit: https://www.jefferson.edu/university/research/researcher/researcher-faculty/eischen-laboratory.html
The Research Assistant C plays a vital role in our laboratory by providing technical support and assistance to the principal investigator's research and experiments including animal handling, breeding, injections and other treatments to the animals (mice).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and performing procedures related to experiments involving animals
- Ordering animal colonies from vendors and providing appropriate transportation to bring animals to the facility.
- Maintaining the animals and colonies including breeding.
- Administering chemicals including chemotherapeutic agent, cytokines, hormones or any other drugs and pro-drugs to the animals through intravenous (IV), subcutaneous (SC), intramuscular, intraperitoneal (IP).
- Irradiating animals, administering anesthesia and harvesting organs for preparation of cells for assays.
- Assisting in performing T cell function assays and flow cytometric analysis including cell preparation, staining, and cell acquisition in the lab.
- Managing lab safety, placing supply orders, and participating in overall lab maintenance.
Requires Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in biology, chemistry or related scientific area with a minimum of 2 years previous laboratory experience. Experience in animal handling in biomedical research; in hematopoietic stem cells and T-cell cultures; in mouse experiments, i.e. tumor and drug injections; intraperitoneal (i.p.), subcutaneously (s.c.), and intravenous (i.v.); and experience in sterile techniques, and cell culture are preferred.
Please apply online at: https://recruit.jefferson.edu. Search for Job ID 9215353.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :